Sunday, March 4, 2012

What is the Difference between getting the I-Pad with JUST wifi or the I-Pad with Verizon 4G?

The regular (only wifi) I-Pad is $499



The Verizon 4G I-Pad is $629 So my question is, is the $629 a one time fee for Verizon Service anywhere or do you have to pay month to month?What is the Difference between getting the I-Pad with JUST wifi or the I-Pad with Verizon 4G?
wifi requires a wifi hotspot or router to use any form of data eg. email, internet.

so you could use it at home, or a coffee shop, or anywhere with a free public hotspot.



4g requires a data plan from verizon (monthly cost) but will allow you to access the web anywhere any time within verizon's coverage area.What is the Difference between getting the I-Pad with JUST wifi or the I-Pad with Verizon 4G?
The $130 pays for the radio that the iPad needs to communicate with Verizon's cellular network (and the FCC certifications it needed to get to be allowed to use that radio). It doesn't include the cost of the Internet plan, any more than the Wi-Fi version means you can stop paying for Internet at home.



And by the way, there is no 4G version of the iPad right now- Verizon's iPad comments to their CDMA Rev A. (3G) network, not to LTE.What is the Difference between getting the I-Pad with JUST wifi or the I-Pad with Verizon 4G?
ipad wifi only has internet when your buy a wifi router (your house) and the verizon always has internet like a cellphone

No comments:

Post a Comment