Saturday, February 25, 2012

What would happen if i update my rooted evo 4g to the official gingerbread update?

I'm new to this rooting game and I rooted my EVO 4g, but now that gingerbread is out I really want to officially update it over the air, so I want to know what will happen if I updated my rooted EVO 4g to gingerbread? So, What would I lose? And if its not possible what is the easiest easy for me to unroot and not lose anything, and or backing everything up possibilities? I know its a lot but please I need help?What would happen if i update my rooted evo 4g to the official gingerbread update?
I am in the same pickle.. but your best bet is to wait a few days until a developer releases the OTA 2.3 so that you can update and make it easier to root again. Thats what i did for OTA 2.2. it does not let you update OTA because it detects that it is rooted. so just wait till tues or wed. thats what i am going to do. then you can go to unrevoked and update. you will not loose contacts, photos, or vids. mabe you might loose apps, but you can always download again.What would happen if i update my rooted evo 4g to the official gingerbread update?
it will override your root mods. and it will be unrooted evo 4g.

No comments:

Post a Comment